DU Admissions for Session 2022 Started (Representational Image)

DU Admissions: The intake of students under sports quota and ECA quota is expected to be around five per cent of the total, well above the trend of one per cent over the years.

University of Delhi has opened the portal for CUET entrance tests for undergraduate programs for the academic year 2022-2023. After a two-year hiatus, physical tests for seats reserved for sports and extra-curricular activities (ECA) will be back in CUET admissions.

This year’s intake of sports and ECA quota students is expected to be around five per cent of the total, well above the trend of one per cent in recent years. The certified and physical test cut-off for reserved seats is set at 75 per cent, while CUET scores will be given 25 per cent weightage.

Sports Quota Procedure for CUET

The sports test will carry 75 percent weightage and the remaining 25 percent will be the certificates obtained by the candidate in the last five years. Candidates who have represented the country in various international competitions, including the Olympic and Commonwealth Games, will be admitted without a test. They will also be given preference in allotment of seats. Students appearing for sports trials are allowed to apply for a maximum of three different sports.

ECA procedure for CUET

Except for NCC (National Cadet Corps) and NSS (National Service Scheme), students appearing for the physical test will be marked out of 60 marks. The remaining 15 points will be assigned to the certificates obtained by the candidate in the last five years. For NCC and NSS candidates, all 75 marks will be awarded on the basis of certificates. Of the 14 categories designated for ECA trials, students are allowed to apply for a maximum of three. However, admission will be granted to students in only one category.

Sports seats and ECA quota

Sports and ECA quota seats are supernumerary. This means that the number of admissions under sports quota and ECA quota is different and over and above the normal admission process. Allotment of these seats will start after the third round of allotment of seats for regular admission.

Read everything The latest education news and Latest news here

Source by [author_name]